Attention Tax filers, we have an update for you.
Taxpayers who file form 2290 via Efile should stay alert, as IRS is shutdown for MEF (Modernized Efile System). MEF is the online system through, which TruckDues.com submits our IRS tax form return. The shutdown is already on and IRS would be reopening sometime in the mid of January.
The shutdown is a routine and takes place every year; however, that does not mean, you cannot file your tax return.
- If you are using TruckDues.com, you will be able to e-file and submit your tax return to IRS; however, your submitted form 2290 would be kept on hold till IRS opens its gateways for accepting the tax return.
- And that means, during the course of shutdown, IRS would not be issuing the schedule 1 copy either. You will receive the acknowledgement receipt once IRS starts accepting returns.
However, to Efile form 2290, you need to following documents:
- EIN (Employee Identification Number)
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Taxable Gross weight of the vehicle(s)
- Purchase date and date of first use on the highway
- If the vehicle is sold, details like date of selling, VIN and whom the vehicle was sold are required.
We know you run the show and for some reason, you are not able to file. We would do it on your behalf and you will receive the schedule 1 copy once IRS opens its gateway for accepting the tax return.
Simply reach out our Tax Experts and check upon Full Service Option. We would be happy to help. Just pass by the important information asked by our expertise. Reach us at email@example.com or simply call to (347) 515 – 2290.