So truckers, how is the week treating you? Hope you are enjoying your drive behind the wheels. Our previous blog was about an Overview of Form 2290. However, today we are going to throw light on the documents required to file form 2290 and a detailed explanation of each of the document.
So let’s get started: For filing form 2290, the following information should be available handy:
- EIN (Employee Identification Number)
- VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Gross taxable weight of the vehicle(s)
- Purchase date and date of first use on the highway
- Mention annual mileage if the vehicle is suspended.
- If the vehicle is sold, mention the details like date of selling, VIN and whom the vehicle was sold
- Claim a refund on suspended vehicle through form 2290
Note: To e file the return, you need to have this listed information ready. Continue reading