The HVUT Form 2290 is an annual tax return filed for vehicles with a gross weight of 55000 lbs or more and the same is been used over the public highways for commercial, Agricultural & Logging related purposes. The Form 2290 is basically due by June and its payable until the end of August. Any tax returns filed post this time is considered to be late and penalties and interests are applicable on these filings for 2 reasons such as Failure to File & Failure to pay on time.
Almost on a daily basis, we receive calls from our HVUT payers stating that they have faced a rejection on their tax return for some reason and they are unsure on how to go about fixing it. Well over this article we are going to let you know about the common scenarios where IRS rejection seems to be possible and they are as follows:
- Mismatch of Business Name/EIN in accordance to the IRS database.
- If you fail to report a change on your address since your last filing.
- Usage of an EIN which has been applied within the past 15 days of e-filing,
- Entering Incorrect Bank Routing Transit Number for the IRS tax payment.
- Duplicate submission of your tax return ( Meaning that you’re trying to e-file & pay for the same tax year twice)
Now when you’re over these issues there is nothing to stop your tax return from being accepted by the Internal Revenue Service. Although if you face any rejections despite of cross verifying all the details, you may feel free to contact the IRS e-file Help desk @ (866) 699-4096 for further assistance.
At any case our tax experts strive to serve the ever hardworking truckers of the United States of America, the land of opportunity! Reach our tax expert support over the following mediums:
Phone: (347) 515-2290 [Now working on weekends until Aug 31st, 2019 to serve the trucking community]
Chat with our Tax Experts