Agricultural Vehicles- Part I

It doesn’t matter, how many times you have already filed your tax return. Questions might arise any time, any day and if you are wondering who would address them, we have a set of tax experts, playing a major role in providing our product a better shape and sustainability. They are the major pillars of our product.

Coming back to the subject, this is one question asked most frequently by our loyal customers:

Can I File My Vehicle As An Agricultural Vehicle?

As you know, the tax rate and filing requirement solely depends upon your vehicle type and how you are using it. And this is one such reason, why it is important to categorize your taxable vehicles accordingly while you file form 2290.

Agricultural vehicles are special required vehicles and thus, the taxation would be little different compared to taxable vehicles.

Keep reading to understand if you have to file an agricultural vehicle:

Agricultural Vehicles & Higher Mileage Limits:

Vehicles are mandate to file form 2290 HVUT with the taxable gross weight over 55,000 pounds and that travels over 5,000 miles on public highway throughout the tax period. IRS been the most considerate with the agricultural requirements, farmers are allowed to drive up to 7,500 miles on public highways each year before having to pay any tax at all! For further clarification, this does not mean you don’t have to file HVUT at all.

If your vehicle weighs over 55,000 pounds, you still have to file HVUT and receive schedule 1 copy. However, if your agricultural vehicle will drive fewer than 7,500 miles throughout the tax year, you will owe zero tax when you file! This is known as filing a Category W or a Suspended/Low Mileage Vehicle.

However, the discussion doesn’t end here. We have more to talk about the requirements that justify your vehicle is an agricultural vehicle and what happens when you exceed the mileage limit. So gear up truckers, and keep rolling your big rigs. We have more coming at our blog space. Keep tuning, reading and humming everything you like till the next time we return here. And of course, write to us all you need, call us and explain your queries or simply chat with our Tax Expertise @ (347) 515 – 2290. You can also send them a message through online chat, or get 24/7 email support at