Truck drivers with expiring licenses or medical cards have been given an extension because of difficulties renewing during the COVID-19 crisis. The relief is from FMCSA, CVSA and IRS on certain tax extensions.
FMCSA Gives Commercial Drivers Extension on Expiring CDLs, Medical Cards
- The FMCSA issued a limited waiver for commercial drivers whose commercial licenses/permits and/or medical cards have expired or are set to expire after March 1st, 2020.
- The waiver is effective immediately and valid through June 30th, 2020.
- This comes as a response to state DMV and medical clinic closures that have made it difficult for commercial drivers to renew expiring licenses or medical cards.
- Commercial drivers must still hold an appropriate license for the vehicle they are operating and must have been deemed physically qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Drivers and carriers should be aware that states may still enforce the prohibitions on operating a commercial motor vehicle without a valid, non-expired license, so attention should be paid to individual states.
Read More here.Continue reading