Welcome back, Trucking Nation! Let’s talk about what everybody likes about filing taxes: getting a refund! We all enjoy getting a refund. Remember when you filed your Form 2290 with the IRS and paid your HVUT? Well, you may be eligible for a refund under certain circumstances. Let’s look at how to know if you’re eligible.
There are a few cases where you will be eligible for a refund of your HVUT tax:
- stolen, destroyed, or sold vehicle
- vehicle you drove less than the mileage limit (5,000 miles or 7,500 miles for agricultural vehicles)
- Over-payment on Form 2290
You will not be eligible for a refund if:
- You sometimes drive at a lower Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) than you reported
- You used your vehicle only part of the year but still exceeded the mileage limit.
So you’ve determined that you qualify for an HVUT refund. What do you have to do to get it? Well that’s Simple, log onto www.truckdues.com and have it filed for just $11.99. For more clarification reach us @ 347-515-2290 or write to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org .