Form 2290 filing season starts July 1, 2014. File by Sept. 2, 2014 for all trucks in service in July. With e-file, you’ll get it almost immediately after IRS accepts your e-filed Form 2290. You can prepare and report it online using http://www.TRUCKdues.com the IRS authorized e-file provider at just $7.99 only (for single vehicle).
The truckers operating a heavy highway motor vehicle during a tax period with a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more must file Form 2290, Heavy Vehicle Use Tax return by September 2, 2014. The heavy road use tax has to be reported on time and need to pay in full.
Truck Tax Filing Deadlines
The filing season or tax period for Form 2290, federal truck tax filers is July 1 through June 30. You must file Form 2290 for the month the taxable vehicle is first used on public highways during the reporting period.
For vehicles first used on a public highway in July 2014, file Form 2290 between July 1, and Sept. 2, 2014.
Normally the vehicle use tax reported on Form 2290 is reported and paid by the last day of the month following the month in which the vehicle was first used on a public highway.
The highway motor vehicle use tax can be reported prepared and reported electronically, however e-file is required if you are filing for 25 or more vehicles. IRS encourages every truck operator to choose e-file for faster and secured processing; you can receive a watermarked Schedule 1 also the proof for payment within minutes.
Your filing deadline is not tied to your vehicle registration date. Regardless of your vehicle’s registration renewal date, if your vehicle was used on a public highway in July 2014 file your Form 2290 by Sept. 2, 2014. Once you have the IRS watermarked Schedule 1 copy, you could register the vehicle with state DOT / DMV offices and renew / apply for your insurance tags.
Ready to File? then you need to have couple of things in hand to complete the tax return.
Gather your information:
- Employer Identification Number. You cannot use your Social Security number. If you don’t already have an EIN, apply now; it will take about two weeks for your new EIN to be established in our systems. Unless you have valid EIN you could not e-file.
- Use the same name. Your name control must match your EIN.
- Vehicle Identification Number of each reporting vehicle.
- Taxable gross weight of each vehicle.
- Know the category of vehicle (Logging or Agriculture) in case it is suspended or exempt and miles (5,000 miles or 7,500 miles respectively) it is expected to drive on a public highway.
How to pay 2290 taxes?
Pay your taxes in full. You can choose from the different available methods.
- Electronic funds withdrawal; authorize a direct debit as part of the e-file process.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS); requires advanced enrollment, allow 5-7 business days for new accounts.
- Check or money order using Form 2290-V, Payment Voucher. If you opt for this option then you need to mail the check payable to U.S. Treasury.
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 804525
Cincinnati, OH 45280-4525
When you report Form 2290 – highway use tax electronically the IRS watermarked schedule 1 also the proof for payment will be made available immediately after IRS accepts your e-filed return. You can download a copy from your email or logging in back to the website.
TruckDues.com is committed in providing the most preferred e-file solution for every American Truckers and make it affordable that goes easy in your pockets. It just starts from $7.99 and you no need to enter your card details to try the application before you use. We prompt you to pay when you’re done. Call and talk to the help desk at +1(347) 515 – 2290 for step-by-step help through the website and we are happy to support you through at any point of time. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to call you back for a support.
We are here to make your e-filing experience simple, easy and quick. We don’t charge you more as we are common mans preferred business partner.
– Team TruckDues